Look at the markets any day of the week, and you’re almost certainly not looking at the full picture—far from it! You see, there are trades being made all the while that are hidden from view of the regular public markets. These trades go on all the while, and this week our editor David Cross had me pop open the hood on these covert trades.
Now, this is not conjecture or a conspiracy theory, even though this week’s article in Bloomberg that the US Government is intervening in ways we didn’t see even after the 2008 financial crisis.
These trades come from the trading “dark pools” where massive block trades are made by huge-money traders targeting enormous profits. Or, in some cases perhaps to even influence the markets themselves!
Why is it that the SPY (S&P 500) is being propped up and rises every night right now and yet declines during the day? Who profited recently from that enormous Microsoft trade? The economic indicators do not point to the markets being so up when they should be very down.
So how are you as an individual trader able to profit from it?
- What are dark trading pools?
- Who profits from covert trades?
- Why you never see this chart pattern “in the wild”
- Is the SPY being “propped up” right now?
- The massive Microsoft trade made behind the scenes this week
- How regular traders like you and me can get in on the action and follow the “big money” to target profits from these hidden trades
It’s time to shed some light on the dark pools of trading!